Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

As 2007 begins I would like to invite you into a conversation with me. It is my intention to begin the conversation on with up coming idea's for Sermons at LUMC.

This idea partly springs from a short conversation with a friend of mine at our New Years Eve gathering. I was asking about her experience of church and what would be valuable and her answer was something like "ask the hard questions." Then I asked if I should also answer them, and she gave the response I was expecting, "no."

On January 14 we will begin a new series called "Windows on the Gospel" (thanks to Adam Hamilton of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood Kansas.) These sermons will be taking a look at some of the various denominations of the Christian faith. The Schedule for the sermons is as follows:

January 14: Catholicism

January 21: Orthodoxy

January 28: The Reformers

February 4: The foundations of Methodism

February 11: Methodism

February 18: Methodism's Children

So consider this an invitation to continue to develop the community of LUMC through the wonders of the Internet.

No comments: