Monday, March 10, 2008

Ch - Ch - Ch - Changes

Yesterday Longview UMC made the announcement : "It is the intention of Bishop Ed Paup to appoint the Rev. Bruce D. Smith to Mill Plain United Methodist Church effective July 1, 2008."

It was an emotional time for everyone in worship. While I was able to prepare some for the announcement for the most part these things come as a surprise as we work to keep confidentiality and fairness for everyone involved. I hope that the people of LUMC will be able to begin looking forward to the possibilities of the new energy a pastoral change can bring.

From the other side: Brianna is giddy that Daddy will be closer to home. Camas UMC is happy to have some added security that Kendra could be their pastor for the next few years. I anticipate that Mill Plain is excited to have a pastor named and to be looking forward.

I will greatly miss the people of LUMC and I look forward to hearing about their continued ministry in the coming years. In the meantime there are the celebrations of Easter and LUMC's 5th anniversary of becoming a reconciling congregation!

May God Bless everyone in the midst of these changes!

2 comments:

RevScriven said...

Congrats Bruce!

the_ghostwriter said...

Dear Bruce,
Hello, my name is Beth and I attend the Mill Plain Church. I look forward to meeting you and your family. It was very hard to say good-bye to Bryan White as he and I became fast friends, but I believe that eveything happens for a reason.
I hope that you and your family will be very happy in your new church home and that God bless you always. See you soon!

Love and Peace,
Beth

PS

SO COOL!! My new pastor likes Nirvana and Pearl Jam! Right on! Lol! God bless!