Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some events from yesterday

Hey Y'all,

Just wanted to insert a few of the other significant items that passed the floor.

We are now in full communion with the ELCA. Which, until a few years ago I would have assumed we already were. So now Lutherans and United Methodist fully recognize each others orders and sacramental authority.

We are going to be "revising" the hymnal. This will end up being a new hymnal to be presented to the General Conference in 2012 and published around 2013.

Bishops can now retire at age 68 instead of 66.

We are having some trouble with the PNW blog, well at least I am having trouble logging in so that I can post over there.

Some things I am fuzzy on (well almost everything now that I have had yet another day of 4 hours sleep.)

I believe we have delayed the change to regional conferences and established a task force to come with a more comprehensive proposal in 2012.

I believe we have established that we are sticking with the same number of bishops, so we will be voting for 2 at Jurisdictional this year.

Peace Y'all

No comments: