Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Annual Conference 2008

The Bishop announced at 2:00 that the 135 session of the Pacific Northwest Annual Conference was in session.

We have Brianna with us this year which is a lot of fun. We are on the campus of the University of Idaho in Moscow, ID. As an alum of WSU just 8 miles down the road it is a lot of fun to be out here. Unfortunately the housing and meal situation is not very accommodating. We are sharing a dinning hall with a high school football camp. Poor Brianna kept losing her place in the desert line to the big "smelly" football players. Ugh.

So far all is quiet at Conference. We had introductions, a short report from the General Conference delegation, and an address from the cabinet. The biggest controversy so far seems to be the crowded dinning hall.

I have a report to give for the Discipleship committee tomorrow about my experience at General Conference. I have been looking up legislation to remind myself of some of the things we did. I am pretty nervous about this actually. I have been asked to talk specifically about my obersvation work with the GC Discipleship committee but there may be more this group wants to know. Oh well.

It has been fun to see old friends and introduce Brianna to so people. She is taking it all in pretty well.

P.S. Sorry Al I haven't finished the book yet. I am about half way through.

No comments: