Thursday, June 05, 2008

Buy those women some Listerine

This moving thing is getting to be a real heartache. So while putting off dealing with that I wanted to write a quick not about Baseball. Well its not really about baseball but . . .

One of the headlines in the paper caught my eye today . . . "Lesbian kiss at Seattle ballpark stirs up gay-friendly town." http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004458950_aplesbiankiss.html

It seems a couple at the M's game the other day was asked to stop kissing by an usher who had received a complaint. They have stated that they were simply sharing an occasional kiss between munching on garlic fries. Personally I question their judgement. Who wants to kiss someone eating garlic fries? Have you tried those things, they are powerful!

Apparently some mom got all nervous and asked the usher to put a stop to it. The idea seems to have been, "what am I supposed to say to my kids." Is it that hard? Good grief my daughter has known since she was in pre-school, some families have a mom and a dad, some have a mom, some have a dad, some have two dads, some have two moms. It's not that hard to teach a child about diversity. They are pretty accepting of the idea that people are different. Too bad it is hard for the parent to accept diversity.

Frankly, the way the M's have been playing lately I question the judgement of a parent exposing their children to what is happening on the field.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see baseball make its way into your blog. Did you get a chance to read that book yet? I am in the middle of packing as wel...I hate packing. Talk to you later.